Can You Catch Fear Like You Can Catch a Cold?

Is it possible to catch the energy of fear from others in the same way that we catch a cold? I think so.

We are connected through our shared experience of the Divine as our lives, and the world is filled with the thought energy of the people living in it. 

We all respond to our group's emotions to some degree, so we must learn to step out of the influence of the group mind and not be overwhelmed by the fears that run through society.

According to the Bible, perfect Love casts out fear. This means that fear cannot remain where there is love. 

We can apply this to our lives, our families, and the people around us by taking time daily to establish our minds in perfect Love. This is how we can become a broadcasting station of peace. 

Although the world may be in the grip of fear of what has happened and what may happen, we do not have to succumb to it. 

Metaphysicians examine their own thinking, mindfully return to the acceptance of God’s presence, and then proclaim it, and the peace that results will be contagious to people around us.

Rev. Edward Viljoen, DD
Spiritual Leader, Centers for Spiritual Living


Meditation on Peace

Peace Is the Power at the Heart of God. My peace is found at the heart of God. The heart of God, for me, is found at the very center of my being. It does not matter how closely the outer world's confusion presses against me; I am not even disturbed by the confusion in my immediate environment. I know that the only way to counteract confusion is to bring peace into play. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you." These words of assurance stay with me, and I hear them re-echoing in the depths of my being.

Dr. Ernest Holmes, Founder
Centers for Spiritual Living


For spiritual support in the form of affirmative prayer, please visit The World Ministry of Prayer online to submit a prayer request.

1 comment:

  1. A good way for me to step away from the group-mind of fear is to get a hug from my husband, or even hug my dog! The love in a hug stimulates good feelings. Other times, I know it's time to step outside and enjoy nature.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Popular Posts