Spiritual Mind Treatment Works, by Dr. Jim Lockard




“A treatment is a truth stated.” 
~ Emma Curtis Hopkins

How do I come to understand that my practice of spiritual mind treatment, or affirmative prayer, is solely intended to help me bring my own mind into alignment with what is already so?

When I practice treatment daily, thus developing a pattern of positive thought and feeling, I bring my consciousness into alignment. There is nothing to add to Spirit’s creation, there is only a need to create a clear sense of acceptance within myself. The daily practice of spiritual mind treatment brings a sense of routine into my life which contains the action of doing something positive and healthy for myself. I turn my deepest desires into expectations with daily practice, arriving at a place where I am surprised when my treatments do not demonstrate.

With practice, I grow my faith in the action of the Law as me in transforming the conditions of my life. This faith is not some giant thing, it is the simple faith of expectation from repeated practice. The same faith that expects the lamp to light when I turn the switch and is surprised if it remains dark. That is the faith I have developed over time – I am surprised when my spiritual mind treatments do not demonstrate. As a result of the development of this simple level of faith, my life has been transformed.

Spiritual Mind Treatment is not occult or magic –

  • It is the psychological use of my human mental faculties to guide me into a more beneficial system of beliefs.
  • It is a process of changing my mind so that I am better able to actualize potential into experience.
  • It is using words, images, and emotions in a resonant field which is accepted into my subconscious mind, resulting in expectations of a greater good.
  • It is a training system in learning how to think beyond the moments of formal practice and through the many hours of each day.
  • At the same time, it is a diminishment of negative, fear-based beliefs which are out of alignment with my highest good.
In my time as a practitioner of the Science of Mind, I have had numerous personal healings, physical, mental, and emotional. I have treated for others with the result that they also had healings. I have heard hundreds, if not thousands of stories of healing from others who apply this teaching in their lives. I have come to believe in the process in the same way I have come to believe in the process of electricity lighting my home – by means of experience and an increasing understanding of the laws involved.

To those who doubt the efficacy of spiritual mind treatment I say, keep practicing. Use your will to align your thoughts with your good and to develop greater expectations of expression of good in your life. Keep at it. Do your treatments early, late, and often. Treat until you have a demonstration and commit to the process for as long as it takes. Raise your expectations of success in your spiritual work. Seek spiritual coaching and treatment on your behalf with a licensed spiritual practitioner. Pay them for their services as a sign of the benefits they provide and the rightness of what you are doing.

Remember that you are building a consciousness of faith, expectation, and self-love. You are transforming your life for the better. And remember that spiritual mind treatment is a natural process using your own thoughts to generate your own beliefs for your own highest good.


As Dr. Holmes taught:

“It is not the form of the treatment which you give, or the prayer which you make, that gives it power. Rather, it is your faith. Say:

I know that I am in the Spirit of God.
I know that the Spirit of God is in me.
I know that this Spirit is complete and perfect.
Therefore, It must be complete and perfect in me.

I know that this Spirit is now operating in my affairs.
It is manifesting Its beauty and harmony in everything I do.
I know that my body is a spiritual idea, manifesting in form.
I know that every organ of my body, being a manifestation of pure Spirit, contains within itself a pattern of joy, of peace, of divine order, of harmony and complete perfection.”

~ Ernest Holmes, This Thing Called You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts