Take Control of Your Life – Thru the Lens of Love, with Rev. Karen Fry

You are each a law unto yourselves. Become unto yourselves a law of happiness, a law of peace, a law of health, life, love, truth, and beauty, and go forth to radiate that which you feel yourself to be. 
- Ernest Holmes, Love and Law p. 92.3




On my sixteenth birthday I was gifted my first camera - a Canon AE-1 Program. I loved looking through the viewfinder and choosing what composition, scene, and moment I wanted to capture and then see it reflected on a print. This was back in the days when one had to be patient to see the outcome – after the film was developed. The technology was sophisticated enough that one could choose the “program mode” so the camera could do all the work for you. The program chose the aperture and shutter speed, all you got to choose was the ISO (light setting) based on your roll of film.

Eventually, digital cameras came on the scene. Now, one can get instant feedback and adjust the settings in the field. But I continued to keep my camera on program (automatic), now letting the camera choose all three settings. Honestly, I was afraid to go on manual and choose the triune nature of the outcome myself. I didn’t think that I could do as good a job as the technology. I was wrong.

You see, a camera is very similar to the Law. It takes whatever programming it’s been given and creates on outcome based upon that. It perceives what is held in front of it through an automatic lens. It isn’t conscious of the love or the light that the photographer sees in the subject. A camera on automatic, like each of us, is limited by its programming.

It took me over three decades to finally take that leap of faith and put my camera on manual – choosing all three settings (aperture, shutter speed, and ISO) myself, ensuring the camera would produce the photo that I wanted. I learned to trust myself in conjunction with the camera. I took control of my life and by doing so, I now have a lot more “keepers”. And I love wildlife photography even more because the love I see is reflected in the photos I take.

Why do we wait so long to take charge of our choices? We each have the power within to choose how our life out-pictures. No automatic (subconscious) programming need control us. When we truly understand how the law works, we can choose what we “place into the law” and it shall mirror back precisely what it is we want to see and experience.






Rev Karen Fry, Co-Spiritual Director at CSLDallas

Rev Karen Fry has a genuine love for all of life and meets people exactly where they are. She leads with her heart and is willing to be vulnerable and real. Her enthusiasm is infectious, and her authenticity is definitely noticeable. She invites you into your own magnificence and power; she will not let you play small.

Rev Karen is known for her enthusiasm, inspirational speaking, and prosperity consciousness. She is committed to teaching Science of Mind and living an abundant life. She loves to invite you to go for your highest potential – to move from limitation to limitless – and often incorporates extreme spirituality for transformation such as walking on fire and breaking boards with your hand. She is a Certified Firewalking Instructor and she’s always on fire with her faith in the power of prayer.



When she’s not at CSLDallas, you’ll find Rev Karen taking pictures of wildlife, spending time in nature, and planning her next sacred travel adventure.



Contact Rev Karen Fry at: revkaren@csldallas.org or karen@karenfry.com. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/livnlove4all and Instagram: @revkarenfry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts