The Creative Art of Living, by Dr. Mike McMorrow

What is called Creativeness is only becoming aware of what already is.  

Neville


            Thinking back on my early days of being exposed to the Science of Mind teaching, I remember how exciting it was for me to know “There is a Power for Good in the Universe available to everyone- and we can use It. This felt so empowering for me. I Am not powerless; I am powerful beyond measure. I am a thinking Center through which the Living Spirit demonstrates. I remember thinking, “This is going to be Awesome! After years of struggle, I’m finally going to get what I want out of life!” And I did- sort of.

            It was amazing how much more prosperous I was in my business but I was also creating a lot of stuff I didn’t want! I was making more money which was great, but I would then create situations or circumstances that would take that cash out of my pocket! Sometimes faster than I could get it in there! What the heck is going on?

            The answer came in a SOM class where I was given two directions.

1.  Make a list of what I don’t want for my life.

2.  Make a list of I want for my life?

            Care to guess which list was longer? The list of what I didn’t want was longer by far- not even close! Small wonder I was so good at creating struggle- in spite of my fervent belief in this new stuff I was learning. It was what I was used to.

            “What do I want for my life?” This is always a great question to keep before us even today particularly should we be ensnared in the world of form that lulls us into believing that hardship or struggle “Is just the ways things are.” Globally or as individuals.

            The solution, of course, is to acknowledge the current experience presenting itself to us as no Bueno and instead reimagine a life we know is waiting for our discovery and recognition of it.

As a new student, this was challenging. When I first began to consider such things, I didn’t think I was a very creative person. I played a little guitar, painted a bit, I could fashion lots of stuff out of wood- but that’s arts and craft stuff.

            With practice I came to see that living LIFE in my most conscious and effective way, I was practicing the Art of Creative Living. With this realization, my whole gig changed!

            We must attune our soul to the Indwelling Spirit within. As we attune with that Vibration of The Creative Impulse of Life, It demonstrates Itself as a sense of connectedness with all of life. We find our heart/mind downloading all sorts of feelings, images, notions, and ideas that hold within them the germ, the spiritual prototype, of the next great yet-to-be. We become aware of what already is within, and welcome it to our outer experience. A Wondrous Flow of the Law of Circulation demonstrating as our Life now!

            Join me in becoming an Artist in the Art of Creative Living!


Rev. Dr. Michael McMorrow is the Senior Minister for CSL Granada Hills in SoCal. His book Blue Collar Spirituality-Finding a God that Works was released in August of 2020. When not ministering, Mike likes to be anywhere outdoors and hang out with his wife Stephanie and son Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts