A Stimulus Package? By Rev. Cheryl Bell

For some reason, I have been thinking about the idea of a stimulus package. I could go on about Macro Economics, but I won’t bore you with that much of it. I will give you the basic definition of a fiscal stimulus package. It is a package of economic measures put together by a government to stimulate a floundering economy. The objective is to revive an economy and prevent or stave off a recession by boosting spending. I believe some folks don’t understand it’s not based on your personal need for money or funds. One is not supposed to put it in their savings account. Its purpose is to boost consumption, which drives revenue at the retail level, thereby increasing employment and spending in the economy.

I have also been thinking about Stimulus in terms of boosting one's spirituality to align with Center for Spiritual Living’s vision of “Creating a World that Works for Everyone.”

During this pandemic, I have thought continuously about staying connected with our membership and spiritual family and how to stimulate them spiritually. Pulling them away from the headlines and staying in that heart space and helping them draw from all those moments of Joy and Happiness in their lives pre-pandemic so that during this health crisis, they can draw upon those memories for inspiration. Especially after ten months.

After testing positive for Covid-19 myself, I thought maybe I am simply called to take care of myself and model for my members, family, and friends the side of this virus that is not highlighted in the media to represent those who have survived this virus. To show that, I want everyone to continue to shine our light and live our lives, even if we have to wear a mask and social distance and continuously wash our hands. I do not want to make light of the lives lost. Those lost and their families are in my prayers every day. Be safe!

Every time I enter the building that houses the Las Vegas Center for Spiritual Living. I see the part of our mission statement that reads, “By teaching principle and tools of Science of Mind™ we empower and therefore inspire others to do the same, which creates a world that works for everyone. The writing is on the wall!






Rev. Cheryl Bell has served the Las Vegas Center for Spiritual Living as a licensed Practitioner since 2010. She became a Minister in June of 2014 and, as of October 2017, an ordained Minister of Religious Science. She was first introduced to Religious Science by a good friend and fellow minister, Rev. Staci Hylton, and has been a student of New thought for more than 25 years.

She is coming from a corporate management background. It was natural for her to step into the role of administrator for the Las Vegas Center for Spiritual Living for these past ten years. Her understanding of the Science of Mind™ philosophy, principles and her willingness to continue studying the works not only of Ernest Holmes, its founder but other New Thought teachers led her to her current role not only as an administrator but also as Co-Senior Minister. She feels that all of it allows her to fulfill her mission. To Awaken those around her to their Spiritual Magnificence and to Create a World that works for all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts